Sunday, October 05, 2008

Poetry from Dorin Popa - Romania

WHAT DO I EXPECT ?

what do I expect, now

when I don’ t expect anything, anymore ?!
I carefully counted

all my malformations

all my helplesnesses

and I happily gathered

my entire misfortunes

in my soul


what do I expect ?
the waste, the loneliness

the ragged and cobwebbed

remains of the puzzle

the infections, the mud, the slag, the confusion

kept me warm, stifled me

and yet …


and yet …

now

when I don’ t expect anything

what do I expect ??



JAMAIS VUI


do not recognize anything anymore,

I do not know, I do not remember

a stranger through my life

preoccupied,

I hurriedly pass.


only sometimes do I perceive my trembling,

fearful, helpless heart,

heart - an animal on the brink

of extinction


I MIEI VAGITI DI BAMBINO


mi avvicino alla vecchiaia e continuo a nascondere

sotto l´abito

i miei vagiti di bambino


Dio, rimango sempre indietro !


la malinconia ed il vuoto

appoggiano

il mio universo troppo piano

gli ostacoli e l´incertezza

decidono

per me

lo spavento viene a trovarmi

insieme alla speranza

neanche un secolo se vivessi

non mi basterebbe per

piangere in terra

fino alla fine

questa mia vita

che e sul punto di sfuggirmi.

No comments: