Friday, October 03, 2014

A poem and best wishes for the autumn from Greek poet, Zacharoula Gaitanaki

  MY COUNTRY  GREECE


My country, I want to sing
your beauties, your picturesque islands and seas.

In the clear blue waters the life giving sun
is for everybody laughter, joy and friend.

In each holy stone of yours and every shrine,
History stopped to relax a while.

In stone mule paths and in white country chapels
in small harbors sheltered from wind, in heavenly places…

Wherever I look around, I see you everywhere
and with deep emotion, my Greece, I fill with tears.

My unique country, give me your inspiration
to say hymns for you to the end of the world.

ZACHAROULA GAITANAKI, IWA
       ZONI Dimou Megalopolis  *  220-22  * Arcadia  * Greece
                              e-mail: zgaitanaki@yahoo.gr


No comments: